Back In The Saddle

I haven’t been writing as much as I should, and for that I apologize.  I’ve had so much on my plate…and on my mind, that it sort of slipped a little.  But I think after a wonderful long weekend of fun, I’m ready to take the reins again!  (Literally)

I was so glad for five o’clock Friday to arrive.  Not only because I knew there were three glorious sunny days ahead of me, but because last week was not my best week.  We were short staffed at work (doubly so on Friday), and so the work load was heavy, and it seemed like one problem after the other.  I love my job.  I didn’t love last week.

So Saturday was the start of some much needed R&R.

An afternoon of lunch and shopping with my BFF, then Fifty Shades of Ooh La La!, followed by a little bit of liquid fun  (Swedish Berry Martinis and Porn Star shots, oh my!!!)  Finished it off yesterday morning with more shopping at our favorite spot, and our traditional tea stop (to cleanse out the demons of the night before hahaha!)

Today is our holiday Monday – Family Day.  We’re not really doing anything as a family, but it’s so lovely to have an extra day off, especially when the weather is so fricken gorgeous!!  I swear Mother Nature is mercilessly teasing us with all this sunshine and mild weather.  I’m just waiting for her “Ha-ha” moment.

Woke up early this morning – not sure why, because I planned on sleeping in!  I must be getting old because I was up before eight AM!

I used to go riding every week, sometimes a couple of times a week.  But I haven’t since the summer.  Life has a nasty habit of getting in the way of the things we love sometimes, doesn’t it?  Well, this morning I went to visit my four-legged 1500 lb. friends…and my two-legged friends as well!  I thought it would be a nice visit – but didn’t expect to get back in the saddle.


As soon as I stepped out of the car and the beautiful smell of horse (horse people will know what I mean) hit my nose, tears came to my eyes.  So when a ride was suggested, of course I didn’t say no!  Not only did I get back in the saddle after six months, but also experienced my first lope!  It was a little bit scary…and a lot exhilarating!


A bite for Reese…a bite for me…another bite for Reese.  She’s so good at sharing her carrots! 🙂

I didn’t want to leave the barn, but I knew I couldn’t stay there all day.  Plus, there’s no washroom and I really had to pee!  So I came home, and took Sherman out for a stroll.  I just can’t get enough of being outdoors when the weather is like this!  So Spring-like!


Then came home again, added the mushrooms to hubby’s roast (the house smells like what I imagine heaven would smell like right now!)…I think I might still be a little bit stuck on Mr. Grey…


And last but not least, a bit of outdoor work!  With almost all of the snow once again melted (temporarily I assume), I took advantage and raked some more leaves and pine needles to toss on my slowly growing compost pile.  Then came back in and checked on my Baby Orchard…so thrilled, I’ve got EIGHT viable seedlings!!!


So that’s my weekend!  What did you do this long weekend…if you had one?  I know it’s President’s Day in the US today, but I’m not about to start talking politics on here.  So what kind of fun (or trouble) did you get into??? 🙂

2 thoughts on “Back In The Saddle

  1. peggyjoan42

    Sounds like your weekend was very busy and interesting. Thanks for sharing your photos and activities with us. My weekend was spent out in nature and church on Sunday. Cannot believe the weather here in the Southeast U.S. I have seen hundreds of geese flying North – can it be Spring in February? Who knows.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s